Logging on to a web app that uses SSO

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Well, first and foremost I love the concept of this. I have been monkeying around with the sample solution and have a question. The web app we use implements SSO and since we use persona's I have my IE browser setup to prompt for the user name and password everytime so that I can log in as a different persona. My problem is that I can't figure out how to input the user name and password. I did this previously using CUITe with the following code :

CUITe_BrowserWindow.Launch(url);
         CUITe_BrowserWindow.Authenticate(user, password)

Do you have anything equivalent to this?

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Hi Carl,

Unforunately there's currently no similar method in CodedUI CodeFirst. I clearly see the benefits of having one..

I believe the reason for it not beeing in the project at this point is that I've solved the same problem using the windows credentials manager. But that's clearly more expensive.

Thanks for proposing a great feature!

Cheers,

Christofer

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:25 PM

First, Thanks for the timely response. I did have a couple of questions to ask because I like the premise of the project. My UIMaps are huge and I would love to get away from using them.

Are there any planned releases in the future?

Can we make any changes to the code. I would need to implement the authentication piece in order to refactor my code to follow the Code first model?

Is this project currently being worked on or is it a side project that won’t receive regular attention.

Thanks for your time.

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 2:15 AM
To: Cromer, Carl
Subject: Re: Logging on to a web app that uses SSO [codeduicodefirst:397218]

Hi Carl,

Unforunately there's currently no similar method in CodedUI CodeFirst. I clearly see the benefits of having one..

I believe the reason for it not beeing in the project at this point is that I've solved the same problem using the windows credentials manager. But that's clearly more expensive.

Cheers,

Christofer

DISCLAIMER
This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are reading this message, but you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not disclose, print, copy, store, forward or otherwise use or disseminate the information contained in this transmission. If you have received this message in error, immediately contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original. Thank you.
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Did a little research into this and was thinking something like this might be possible. Of course this is mocked up code but I think you guys get the idea.

string pwd = "P@ssw0rd12";

System.Security.SecureString mySStr = new System.Security.SecureString();

foreach (char letter in pwd)

{

mySStr.AppendChar(letter);

}

BrowserWindow myWin = new BrowserWindow();

System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo myPSI = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo();

myPSI.Password = mySStr;

myPSI.UserName = "tbyrdlisa";

myPSI.Domain = "DEV";

myPSI.FileName = @"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe";

myPSI.UseShellExecute = false;

//myPSI.LoadUserProfile = false;

myWin = BrowserWindow.Launch(myPSI) as BrowserWindow;

//myWin.NavigateToUrl(new Uri("http://Tbyrddev.bcbsneprd.com"));

Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 2:15 AM
To: Cromer, Carl
Subject: Re: Logging on to a web app that uses SSO [codeduicodefirst:397218]

Hi Carl,

Cheers,

Christofer

DISCLAIMER
This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are reading this message, but you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not disclose, print, copy, store, forward or otherwise use or disseminate the information contained in this transmission. If you have received this message in error, immediately contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original. Thank you.
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Please feel free to fork or download the code and implement what you need - that's one reason for hosting it on CodePlex :)

There's no roadmap per-se. I'll incorporate new features and fixes as needed.

Thanks for your support

Cheers,

Christofer